3 Tips for Managing Everyday Cleaning Tasks
It seems like there is never enough time in the day to complete all the little everyday cleaning tasks required to keep a house in order. The team at Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning Brisbane thought we’d give you 3 tips to help manage the general household cleaning tasks while you’re doing other things!
Tip 1: Multi-task some things!
Looking at all the individual tasks to do just to maintain a reasonably tidy house can be overwhelming at times. So why not try doing a few things at once? A few suggestions are –
- Wiping the walls of the shower and bathtub down while you’re using it
- Clean the sink area and basin while you’re brushing your teeth
- While doing the dishes, wipe the benches, oven cooktop and put away stray kitchen items
- Use a soft brush attachment on your vacuum and use it on your furniture while doing the floors
- If you do a meal plan, get rid of old and out-of-date items when doing your stocktake for the week
Tip 2 – Have Collection Piles
Instead of leaving things scattered everywhere and building up clutter, have a designated basket/s for putting random items in, and then at the end of the week, go through it. If you do end up needing an item before the end of the week, you’ll know exactly where it is.
Another idea is if you know you have to walk past a certain area of the house, take a pile of something and put it away. For example, if you know you’re going past the laundry, gather up any clothes that need washing and put them in the machine.
Tip 3 – Have A Routine
Having a set time for things can help spread the tasks out and ensure they don’t get out of control.
- Putting a load of clothes on before going to bed and hanging out in the morning
- Loading a dishwasher at night and putting away in the morning
- Make lists of things and plan the optimal time to complete them during the week
We hope these tips are a start towards easing the overwhelming feeling of never having enough time to fit it all in. Alternately, Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning Brisbane are more than happy to step in and help out with our team of spring cleaners. Feel free to contact us any time for a free quote.