What To Do if Your Carpet Gets Flooded
It has happened to all of us at some stage. The washing machine overflows, a tap gets left on or a storm hits. In a house full of carpet, you should know what to do if it gets saturated by water. When carpets get wet and are left to dry on their own, it can lead to mould, mildew and rotting of the underlay. Here is a quick checklist of steps to take to help prevent the need to replace carpets after an event.
- Turn off the source of the water, if applicable.
- Move all furniture off the carpet to prevent it getting damaged as well
- Avoid walking on the carpet as much as possible
- Get as much water out, using whatever you can to absorb it such as towels, a Wet & Dry vacuum
- Open windows, turn on fans, anything you can to get air circulating and speed up the drying process
- Lift the carpet up in place to help dry out the underlay as this is what will go mouldy first
- Call in the team from Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning Brisbane to give your carpets a thorough clean and dry