Keeping Tiled Floors Clean
Tile floors are renowned for their hardiness, their ease of cleaning and the wide range of available colours and patterns. While they are fairly simple to clean, if you don’t use the right products they can look dull or end up with sticky residue. Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning Brisbane thought we’d put together a few home recipes for tile cleaners that will help remove stains, leave no residue after cleaning and keep them looking brand new!
- Sweep or vacuum the tiles before mopping, otherwise you’ll just be pushing dirt around instead of removing it.
- Always use hot water to clean tiles. Not only will it help break up the grime on the floor, the floor will dry quicker. This is because the water will evaporate faster!
- Adding a 1/4 cup of ammonia (available in supermarkets) will remove grime as well as and mould/mildew or bacteria from the floor. Just be aware to not let children or animals near it as it can cause skin irritation.
- Start from one corner and work you way backwards to avoid needing to walk over areas you’ve just cleaned
- Using a mop with a built in spray function is a nifty time saver for quick cleanups. Fill up the reservoir with your solution, spray it and wipe!
- For really tough stains, use sugar-soap on the stains, leave for 10 minutes, wipe off and mop as normal
- Use bleach or mould remover to get rid of the black build up in the tile grout
- Wipe up spills and other messes as soon as possible to prevent staining or bacterial growth on your floor.
We hope these few tips provide you with some help on keeping your tiled floors clean and looking good! If you’re time-poor or require an expert job, check us out at Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning for our tile cleaning services! We will get those tiles shining and clean in a jiffy!