Tips For Staying Warm Over Winter
Winter in Australia can be quite harsh in some places, and quite mild in others. Even in Brisbane, some mornings or nights can be quite frosty. Either way, the change in temperature can leave everyone feeling that they’d like to keep warmer. Having plush carpets or rugs through out your house can help reduce the overall cold feeling. It is definitely a fantastic feeling on your feet. Who doesn’t like sitting in front of a fire on a cold night? If you don’t have carpets to help keep out the cold, or you feel the cold severely we’ve provided some tips below to help.
- Wear a hat, even indoors. In an environment that doesn’t have heaters, one of the best ways to keep warm is to keep a hat on your head. Any bare surface of your body can release heat, especially your head. So keeping that beanie on can help!
- Put up thick curtains. Just like we put heavier blankets on our bed in winter, consider doing the same to your windows. Heavy backed curtains can help keep the frosty morning air out and keep generated heat in.
- When layering blankets, keep the thickest at the bottom and the thinnest at the top. The thicker blanket is more likely to get you warmer faster, and the thinner blanket aids in stopping the heat escaping.
- Block the bottoms of doorways that could let cold draughts in. You can buy draught-stoppers, or you can make your own or even improvise using rolled up towels or blankets.
- If you have fans in your house, chances are they have a winter and summer setting. switching this changes the direction the air in the room is pushed. The winter setting pushes hot air down, so keeping your fan on low will help circulate the warmer air.
- Put on extra clothing. As bulky as it might feel wearing multiple layers, if you need to warm yourself quickly this is the best option. Warming yourself up first is quicker than waiting for a heater to heat the whole room. It is also more energy-saving as well!
- Try and stay as healthy as possible. Eating good food, taking supplements if needed and staying well are also keys to keeping warm. When we feel sick we often feel like we are cold and shaking. Boosting your immune system to stay healthy is a great way to help your body keep warm if it’s not fighting illness.
We hope you’ve enjoyed these few tips on staying warmer this winter. If your carpets feel like they’ve lost some of that warming feeling, the team at Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning in Brisbane can help. Contact us now for some great deals!